Making Mexican Sweet Corn Salad
The best type of cooking is no cooking at all. 🙂
After all day of work and returning home, sometimes it feels like having something light, fulfilling and yet healthy; and which does not involve a lot of work. Sweet corn is one of my all time favorite ingredients that I can simply toss with some butter, make fritters and any curry. Yesterday, I came across sweet corn salad recipe that I have tried and sharing with you guys. This is a Mexican recipe and the use of lemon juice, honey and olive oil gives the right amount sourness with the hint of sweetness from the honey. This recipe is easy to make and healthy too. This dish requires no cooking, all I needed to do is take the ingredients and toss them together.
|Prep Time: 10 mins||Cook Time: 0 mins||Total: 10 mins|
|Difficulty Level: Low||Serves: 2||Cuisine: Mexican|
- sweet Corn, 2 cups, boiled and drained 🌽
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 tomato, de-seeded, diced 🍅
- coriander, finely chopped
- lemon juice, 2 tbs 🍋
- olive oil. 2 tbs
- honey, 1 tbs 🍯
- salt, to taste
- Mix the olive oil and lemon juice. Slowly add honey to make the salad dressing.
- Take a bowl, add the sweet corn, tomatoes, onion and coriander together. Combine together.
- Add the salad dress to the bowl and toss together.
- Add salt to season.
If you like reading this, don’t forget to rate below 🙂